General Protection Fault Error

's Avatar

dena.meiste

15 Feb, 2013 10:27 PM

Everytime I open game reports and try to activate the live stats, an error pops up saying that BSGAME caused a General Protection Fault in module BC450RTL.DLL at 0001:1507. Chose close. BSGAME will close.

I have tried re-downloading baseball stat crew but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Dena
310-506-4160 (o)
616-886-7689 (c)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Monica Pellman on 15 Feb, 2013 10:38 PM

TAS Baseball/Softball has an extra setting in the DOS program that sometimes gets overlooked at the start of the season, and baseball/softball also has the extra requirement that you must run your test with a game that has starting lineups. Without lineups, you will get error as you describe. (if you don't have lineups, use a game that has already been played) Can you try this checklist below to resolve, and if not, let me know and we will get on the phone asap.

Monica

1) Set Scoresheet | Options | Auto-save between inn to "A",
    2) Setup the game lineups (NOTE starting lineups are required for baseball/softball before activating live stats, unlike other sports)
    3) Select Scoresheet | Plays
    4) Press f4 function key to force starting lineups to be sent
    5) Then proceed with Game Reports | Choose game | Live | Activate

Let me know if you have any questions.

2. 2 Posted by Meiste, Dena on 15 Feb, 2013 11:00 PM

Life saver! Thanks!

Just one final question: I Re-installed the baseball/softball statcrew from the website, and when in game/season/career modes, it keeps prompting me for a serial number. The one is from 2011 and doesn't appear to be valid anymore. (102124-44402) Do you happen to have the up-to-date serial number, or know how I could go about retrieving it?

Thanks!

Dena

Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 2:39 PM
    To: Meiste, Dena
    Subject: Re: General Protection Fault Error [Problems #759]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Monica Pellman on 15 Feb, 2013 11:21 PM

sent in separate email. If still problems with serial number prompts, this is probably related to permissions on the computer. Check if permissions on the TASBS folder have changed recently.

4. 4 Posted by Katie on 05 Mar, 2013 07:22 PM

I'm having this same problem and have tried to troubleshoot but I've had no success.

5. 5 Posted by Dena on 05 Mar, 2013 07:23 PM

Hi Katie,

For one reason or another, you must put in your starting lineups before the live stats will work.

Hope that helps!
    Dena

6. 6 Posted by Simons, Katie on 05 Mar, 2013 07:32 PM

I have tried using a previously completed game to test this and the problem still persists.

Katie Simons
    Saint Martin's University
    Sports Information Director
    Office (360) 438-4328

7. 7 Posted by Dena on 05 Mar, 2013 07:37 PM

Hmm... I'm at a loss then. Sorry!

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Kelby on 05 Mar, 2013 08:38 PM

Katie:
    I left a voicemail. Please feel free to call at your convenience.

TASBS is different from other applications, because it will not send live stats data until you have lineups entered for both teams. After you press F4 in the (DOS) In-game scoring software, and then activate your Game Reports|Live|Live setup, you should be able to successfully generate live stats.

It's important that you have the in-game scoring data generating, before activating the Game Reports live stats feed.

Please let me know if I can explain anything further to assist you.
    Kelby

9. 9 Posted by William on 09 Mar, 2013 03:16 PM

Im getting the same BSGAME caused a general protection fault in module bc450rtl.dll at 0001:14DC Choose close. BSGAME will close" error that the people above were having. I attempted the "f4" force send to no avail. I believe the error began because I saved a file in which no starting lineup or teams were chosen, as it worked fine yesterday. I deleted the file, but it still isnt working. Any ideas?

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Monica Pellman on 09 Mar, 2013 03:52 PM

Use a game that has starting lineups in it, for your live stats testing. Or if you are getting ready to score, enter the lineups, and then F4 and then activate live stats. Follow steps 1 thru 5 at the top of this post.

11. 11 Posted by Katie on 07 Apr, 2013 04:53 AM

I booted up my computer and tried to open StatCrew and all my settings had disappeared. I had to manually enter the drive and the directory. I was able to use in-game scoring however I am not able to access my game report, season report or the utilities menu. I am getting the same application error I would for live stats for some reason. If someone could contact me in some way as soon as possible I would really appreciate it.

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Monica Pellman on 07 Apr, 2013 07:08 PM

If you are still having issues with opening Windows Reports for game, season, career, this may be related to some network settings on the computer, specifically, a default printer that is a network printer, and is currently offline. If this describes your setup this weekend, try changing the default printer to a stand-alone printer, or PDF writer, and the re-try the Windows Reports. If still issues, please call my cell if needed this weekend, 5137085542, or my office number tomorrow. 5137714192
    Thanks.

Monica
    t

13. 13 Posted by Simons, Katie on 08 Apr, 2013 02:18 PM

I'm going to take a look at it this morning. Would it be possible to get a couple more downloads? I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall. I restored my computer back to an earlier date and everything seemed to be fine but now live stats were only updating the pitch count real time and not updating the plays until after the innings were over but it was sending a file every time.

Sent from my iPhone

14. 14 Posted by Kyle Schwerin on 30 Apr, 2014 08:41 PM

I'm still having this problem for every single game I stat. I have made sure that the default printer is correct and not a network printer, I have made sure that I hit F4 before going in to game reports and starting live stats...It doesn't seem like there's any kind of rhyme or reason for why it happens. It always happens right after I hit a B/K/F/S, but 60% of the time it's fine and 40% of the time the error pops up. I've tried it with CAP files loaded/not loaded, tried everything I could think of, and it still happens about 15 times a game.

15. 15 Posted by Alex Grim on 01 May, 2014 02:19 PM

Kyle. A fix for this problem was recently issued BS v5.5.18. This has corrected the problem for other schools. Can you let us know if this does not correct your issue?

16. 16 Posted by Kyle Schwerin on 01 May, 2014 02:24 PM

Thanks Alex! Guess that's what I get for not checking the maintenance update page more often. I'm sure this will work, but I'll be back to complain during our home games this weekend if it doesn't! Haha.

17. 17 Posted by alex on 01 May, 2014 05:18 PM

Kyle. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to take a peek in on your
    games this weekend. Can tell me where to tune in? Alex

18. 18 Posted by Kyle Schwerin on 03 May, 2014 02:22 PM

Here's where the (hopefully) fixed live stats will be! http://www.gvsulakers.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/grva-m-basebl-sched...

19. 19 Posted by Bryan Davis on 26 Jun, 2014 03:18 PM

2 months away from football season and still unable to run reports. General Protection Fault Error when trying to run any reports. Tried every fix suggested and still having the same issue. Has ANYONE found a fix for this yet.

20. Support Staff 20 Posted by Monica Pellman on 27 Jun, 2014 01:25 PM

My notes show last update on this was note from me to you in April. I'll give you a call today.

Monica

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac